Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

USB Ports not working, Device Manager doesn't display

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm now using Intel Pentium III Processor, 451 MHz, 256 MB of RAM. The last time I used this computer (which was 3 months ago}, the USB Port didn't work. Worse, it didn't appear on the Device Manager. I did the USB System Check, but the results are less than encouraging. It cannot determine the system hardware configuration, and the USB driver connection is not operating correctly.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I personally have given away free all my pentium 3 computers. To put XP on one of these and try using it would be pure agony for me, but enough of the spout.

Look on your motherboard and find the model numbers for it. Then go to the manufacturers website and see if you can find the chipset drivers for the motherboard. Most likely you will have to join the DRIVERS GUIDE website to find the correct chipset drivers for your computer. Install them and at least you should have USB 1.1 available.