Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Live Mail Storage Folder In windows old Docs

• Please log in to reply

Taff2493

Taff2493

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi All,
Firstly, I hope I have placed this question in the correct place, if not could someone assist. :)
Right now to my problem,a few days ago, I installed Windows 7 to replace my windows XP, long story and I won't bore you with the details, needless to say I did not choose to change it was forced upon me when my old xp system died.
After installing windows 7 the system said that previous docs would be saved in a file called windows old, I have been trying and trying to find the folder which might contain my email stuff but I have been unable to locate it, luckly a few days before I backed up my mail contacts on another drive and could restall them no problem, the problem is trying to find my windows live mail folder that would contain my previous storage folders from my mail contacts, as it has all of my email messages from the past, I should also say that when I was using XP I was also using windows live mail.
Please help. :)
Thanks
Taff

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Where was your mail stored in XP? The path would have been in Options>Maint>storage. Is it possible these messages were not retained when you upgraded because they were in a different location than in "Windows"? Did you look in program files? Are there still copies of the messages on the server?
Johanna

Taff2493

Taff2493

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Johanna and thanks for your reply,
I have now managed to locate the storage folders within Window old docs, they also seem to be all there too :)
My next problem is, how do I move them into my new windows mail folder, I must ask as the last time I tried to do it on my own .... well lets say I made a right dog's dinner of it :)
Could i be cheeky and ask you for a step by step of what I need to open to put them back where they need to be ?
I tried using file/import from windows mail but it only shows me an option to import from other mail programmes.
Thanks
Paul

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Copy that folder to another place outside of Windows.old and use the import function in Windows Mail. You should have a choice of which program and OE6 should be listed.
Johanna