Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP not loging in

• Please log in to reply

dominatorGT

dominatorGT

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
My Windows XP is not letting me loging in it just logs me out automatically i dont have the system restore disks and i cant borrow any also my dvd drive dosent work, ive used safe mode but it still dosent work someone plese help me :)

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If your Operating System files are corrupt ...

Since it would be next to impossible to find someone on this planet that would be willing to attempt to repair corrupt Operating System files with those same corrupt Operating System files, the only other reasonable choice is to Replace them with known good, uncorrupt files.

Since XP comes on CD, the first step would be to replace (or repair) the broken DVD drive. Then borrow (or buy) an XP CD to replace the corrupt files.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You are going to need a XP cd of the same type that you have installed (XP home, XP pro, XP media)
You are going to also need a working CD/DVD drive.

With out those items there is no way that it can be fixed.

123runner

dominatorGT

dominatorGT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Is their a way to download the cds or do it without the cds and if not then could you estimate how much it would cost for all that

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Without knowing whether you are running home, pro, or media center, a google search would be fruitless for us to try.

You need to do a google search.
You can also borrow 1 of the same type.

You haven't told us whether it is a laptop or desktop so doing a search for CD drives is fruitless also.

Also if it is a Dell or HP, the drives might be an issue because a generic might not fit.

EDIT: Anything downloaded from the internet will most likely be pirated software which most likely will not be able to be licensed and could contain virus's and malware.

Edited by 123Runner, 27 March 2010 - 11:50 AM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Windows XP Home is roughly $100.00 (USD)
http://www.amazon.co...windows xp home

Internal DVD burners start at $20.00 (USD)
http://www.newegg.co...amp;Order=PRICE

dominatorGT

dominatorGT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
well i have a windows xp service pack 3 home edition i think and its not a laptop

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Good to hear you already have XP Home w/SP3. If that's the same version that's already installed that'll save you $100. :)

The internal model DVD burners I linked to above are for a standard Desktop PC case. (They fit in a standard 5.25" drive bay).

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Make sure you get the correct drive be it a SATA or the IDE.

dominatorGT

dominatorGT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i was thinking of showing it to future shop

Edited by dominatorGT, 29 March 2010 - 09:10 PM.