Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't use Hughes Net

• Please log in to reply

KVan49

KVan49

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I can't. When I click on Manage Add ons, I get a side bar that shows Enable or Disable but nothing happens when I click on it. The box that usually pops up showing Add ons doesn't appear. Nothing to click on.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Lets try something from the start...run command.

Safe Mode Instructions for IE and Firefox

You need to scroll down a ways to get to the instructions.

KVan49

KVan49

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
OK. IE is currently running without add-ons. I can't tell if Firefox is running without add-ons or not but I did what the instructions said.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok if you did what the instructions say then you would be running Firefox with no addons. Did IE and FireFox run correctly when you did this?

KVan49

KVan49

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sorry to leave you hanging for days. Sadly, both our laptop and desktop gave up the ghost and refused to connect even to dial-up. Sooo, we got a new laptop and tower and both of them hopped right on Hughes Net first thing. We may never know what was up with our old machines, but we are up and running now.

I want to thank all of you on this site for your help and patience. It was such a comfort just to know someone was out there trying to help and sort of holding my hand.

Now, if I can just figure out how to set up this wireless router.......

Kathy V

Edited by KVan49, 02 April 2010 - 07:37 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I suspect that you had a addon in both IE and Firefox that was causing all the havoc because you had them running with out addons as per the last post.

Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible