Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer freezes, will not remove malware and MBAM will not run

• Please log in to reply

ekta

ekta

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, and thanks in advance!

I use Avira, and have never had any virus problems before, but last week I got a nasty infection that deactivated it. I was then able to start in safe mode and run a scan with MBAM however it locked up after finding 16 threats, only 2 mins in.... Then my whole comp freezes completely.

Now I can not run MBAM it just gives me a 'run time error 0; run time error 440 Automation error.'

I can still operate but my computer often freezes and I have to manually shut down...I am worried about what the malware is doing behind the scenes!

Iíve gone through the guide, and have done Step1: TFC and Step 2: ERUNT, but canít run mbam after the install. Iíve tried renaming the MBAM but that hasn't worked either, I also tried Spybot search and destroy that also starts scanning but will freeze after a few mins.

Please help. Thank you!

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,426 posts
Hi, ekta

:)

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • OTL should now start. Change the following settings
    • Change Drivers to All
    • Change Standard Registry to All
    • Under File Scans, change File age to 30
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    /md5start
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    nvstor32.sys
    ahcix86s.sys
    nvrd32.sys
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt (first run only). These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please post the contents of these files in your next reply.