Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble Installing Software

• Please log in to reply

jek1862

jek1862

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I am trying to install an audio editor called DJ Music Mixer. It gets right to the very end but before it will launch I am getting the following error message:

Run-time error '339': component 'NCTAudioDesign2.dll or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid

What does this mean? It sounds like there is something this software 'needs' to operate that is not on my system (I am using Vista Ultimate).

What do you suggest I do in a case like this? Thanks.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
If this is a downloaded file, I would try downloading again. There could have been corruption in the download.

jek1862

jek1862

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Maybe...

One thing I forgot to add that may be significant. I have tried three times to install the software, unsuccessfully. However, I can recall at least two of those times, my command box opening up at some stage near the installation, I think near or at the end. This is strange. It is opening up without me opening it up. It is doing it on its own, or is being prompted to do so by the software trying to install. Might be telling me something. WHY is that command box coming up during the installation attempts. Might be a big clue as to why I am having trouble. Thanks.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
jek1862

Did you right click the exe and choose "Run as Admin" before installing it?