Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A big issue.

• Please log in to reply

Erik23

Erik23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

You did a great job of cleaning out the Autoruns on your own with getting rid of all the Not Found entries.
Your system is actually doing really good with Autoruns now.

Now can you tell me what game it is you are having problems with?
Is it a store bought game or a downloaded game?
Maybe a online game?
We still have other steps but I need to have all information to continue.
Is the system locking up only when trying to play the game?
How about when on the internet?
When not using internet or online how does the system run?

If i can afford a game and im sure that it's good I usually buy it, though its a really rare case (Most of the games i download are either unavailable in stores or I just downloaded cause I don't have the money to afford em.).The problem of the whole CPU not responding happens to both games both those which i have bought and which i have downloaded.....I have yet to try restarting again, so i will edit this post after i try to restart the cpu again....
Edit:After a proper restart..It seems like some of the ''files that couldn't be found'' which i deleted were vital for the system..And cause i deleted them the Windows couldn't load (Just a sec after the windows loading screen began there suddenly popped a blue screen up with some numbers and suddenly restarted.), so the only way to run windows again was ''The last known running configuration''.. So im back with the same configuration and problem (Meaning i still have to use safe mode.).. :)
I was thinking that maybe if you could post those files which are important for the system, I perhaps could avoid deleting those and could get rid of any other program which starts with windows which could perhaps disturb the windows-es proper work..
Its rather late and i have work tomorrow, so i will check your reply tomorrow morning before heading to work. :)

Edited by Erik23, 28 March 2010 - 04:13 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you look at post 10 you can see what I shown is a System file, a OS file or a Microsoft file. These need to remain.
Also since you mentioned you have downloaded games it is very possible you may have a active infection from these. If after removing the files except the ones I just mentioned and if problem still does not correct itself I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Erik23

Erik23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

If you look at post 10 you can see what I shown is a System file, a OS file or a Microsoft file. These need to remain.
Also since you mentioned you have downloaded games it is very possible you may have a active infection from these. If after removing the files except the ones I just mentioned and if problem still does not correct itself I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

After deleting the ''sf'' file i was able to successfully run a game which i bought..I deleted the games which i had downloaded just to be on the safe side and the cpu still hasn't stopped responding.. Maybe that was the problem. :)

Edit: I was too naive, the problem wasn't fixed ...
By ''these have to remain'' you mean those files i posted which caused the error?..Or do you mean that i should delete the ones which aren't used by the windows from those files..
Im rather sure that it isn't an malware problem.. Cause the problems started when i installed Microsoft security essentials and somehow that messed up my computer...
And I do have a good anti-virus program (Avast) which i used to do a throughout scan on the computer before the ''not responding problem'' started to get worse..

Edited by Erik23, 28 March 2010 - 04:58 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest uninstalling Microsoft Security since by your own statement that is when the problem started.
By the ones that have to remain i mean the ones I stated in post 10 that are Microsft or OS system files.
Avast is what I use and have never had a problem with it. One thing i might mention is the Microsoft Security and Avast maybe conflicting with each other.
Is it for internet security or is it for virus protection?

Erik23

Erik23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I suggest uninstalling Microsoft Security since by your own statement that is when the problem started.
By the ones that have to remain i mean the ones I stated in post 10 that are Microsft or OS system files.
Avast is what I use and have never had a problem with it. One thing i might mention is the Microsoft Security and Avast maybe conflicting with each other.
Is it for internet security or is it for virus protection?

When the problems started, the first thing i did was uninstall the microsoft security... I will try deleting those files that aren't OS/Microsoft files..
Seems like this fixed the problem...The computer hasn't stopped responding even though it has been open for 20 min..Seems like the problem was all cause of some autorun program (I personally think that MpFilter was the one causing the problem, [I deleted it}cause i thought that was the only file directly linked to the antivirus programs.. -.-

I REALLY REALLY have to thank you.. I don't know what i would have done without you..

Edited by Erik23, 28 March 2010 - 11:17 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your appreciation is all the thanks I need and please don't be to quick to say everything is ok. Give it a day or two to run.