Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Not Loading- Help

• Please log in to reply

Mystic123

Mystic123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hopefully someone could help me with this.

My computer had been acting funny lately, when I was trying to play a game it would freeze and not let me do anything. I had to manually turn off my laptop.

My computer will not re-load but will go to a black screen. I have tried to enter safe mode and nothing works. Can someone please help me with this?

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Do you get any video at all? Does it act like it's going to start, but then goes to a black screen?

Let me know that, or give more details to how it is acting and we can go from there and run some tests.

Mystic123

Mystic123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No, I do not get any Video at all. It does act like it is going to start up then it goes to the Black Screen. I was playing a game when it happened, the hole system froze and I could not turn it off unless I held the power button.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Without video there isn't much we can do on a laptop. In a desktop you could try a different video card, or different video card slot.

The only suggestion that I think may help is see if the computer will boot with taking one of the sticks of RAM out (assuming it has two). Does it boot then? If not, replace it with the other stick and try again. The idea is that two sticks of RAM usually don't go bad at the same time.

Without any video/being able to boot the BIOS we can't really run any tests :) Generally if it was the hard drive you would still get the manufacturers welcome screen and instructions on what key to enter the BIOS. From there data can be recovered from the hard drive, hard drive diagnostics and/or software memory tests could be ran.