Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer troubles

• Please log in to reply

YancyB

YancyB

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys
I probably won't reply instantly though as my iPod is running outta battery and I have to sort out my computer. It usually sorts most it's problems out overnight but some tips on how to stop these would be great
I've literally just signed up right now as I'm in need of some help
I'm on my iPod right now because if this...
My computer, well, netbook is really mucking about and making me angry! Lol
anyway; I would get the blue screen of death like, really randomly sometimes even one right after the other. I did a system restore (I'm starting to think this has actually triggered some more problems lol) and now it seems to be fine, but then out of theblue (lol) popped another blue screen. I just restarted like normal and I haven't had another one since. It also won't go on standby mode. It used to do it automatically when I closed the lid but then that stopped so I tried doing it manually but the screen just freezes so I end up having to manually shut it down via power button which my dad would kill me for using lol. This doesn't bother me so much as it used to but I would like to know why it is doing this. I don't think it us lack of ram or memory ad I perform a cleaner thing regularly as it would tell me to evertyime because that index thing is using alot of memory it's quite scary.
My pc has just come out of a phase where it would just freeze on the shut down screen but all is well now, I didn't do anything though lol
however, the limited or no activity thingreally annoys me as it works fine for the rest of the computers in the house it's just mine that won't work. It freezes at when it is disabling.
Also, anti-malware won't rub either due to errors 0 and 440. D''': last time I ran anti maleware I had a Trojan - I take it that's a Trojan horse? Anyway, I think it's all connected somehow.
I'm sorry for such a long question and for the typos I'd any, I guess this iPod can't spell properly -_-'
any help would be thankful
I just wanna know why malebytes isn't running and why my netbook won't go on standy - those are my main concerns
thankyou :)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi YancyB :)

You have a few issues that need to be resolved. (blue screens, not shutting down, freezing, memory issues,can't run scanners, etc). They could all be related or not related so this will take some diagnostic work.

Due to this statement

last time I ran anti malware I had a Trojan

, we won't do much right away. If you could still have a virus and malware and that will interfere with all attempts to fix it.

We will start with a check disk and then I will have to have you go to the malware forum. to be checked.

Go to
Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
[/list]If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem

==========================================================================================================
I now suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

123runner

YancyB

YancyB

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey thanks for the help runner :)
I did the check thing, it doesn't seem to have done anything however my computer now won't even start attempting to go into standby mode and seems to freeze on the logging off stage when shutting down often lol
I haven't been able to launch my anti maleware software yet as I now know it needs updating which is why it won't launch but my Internet is still down at the moment for some strange reason so I will try and get this sorted soon.
Thanks again :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

I haven't been able to launch my anti maleware software yet as I now know it needs updating which is why it won't launch

This is not true. Any virus scanner/malware scanner will open and run even if it needs updating. If you do not update it will scan with outdated files.