Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system restore

• Please log in to reply

gazza79

gazza79

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi,

Im a total novice on computers, hopefully i have posted on right board!
Basically my computer system is xp, i tried to restore my computer to a previous date, the laptop got turned off halfway through, now seems stuck in a loop as it wont restore to a previous date or cancel my last restore. It seems to of done half the restore but now im left unable to access certain programs such as word and mozilla.

Any ideas at all please!!!
Thanks
Gareth

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
So if I understand this correctly, You can access windows, but some programs do not work?

Can you re-install those programs to get functionality back?

Regards,
Olrik

gazza79

gazza79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi,
Thanks for reply, i have just tried downloading mozilla again but no it wont work. So far i can tell my sony photo program has gone. The mozilla icon is still there but does nothing when you click it. The word icon is still sort of there, its the logo that basically says it doesnt know the program.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Do you know if there is a restore point prior to the one you used and failed on?

We might be able to do a manual system restore.
Also, do you still have your windows XP disk?

Regards,
Olrik