Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hard drive factory image

• Please log in to reply

artm12

artm12

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi Friends,
I have an HP PC running the Windows Vista. The C drive has been partitioned and one of the partitions has been labeled as the "factory image". This partition is only 13.1 GB and is almost entirely full. Do I need to be concerned about the fact that it being so full from before and if so what action do I have to take to fix it?
Thank you in advance.

Thanks,
James

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi James,

This is full simply because you shouldn't touch this partition - it's needed to reinstall.

It's so big because of all the wonderful bloat (look carefully for the sarcasm) that major OEM manufacturers like to include on the computer. I personally liken it to spam - I don't want it and I didn't ask for it.

If you have a Windows Vista install disk that came with the computer, you can delete that partition as well if you like. Otherwise keep it and it may help you one day.

Cheers