Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NT Authority "system shutdown" help please

• Please log in to reply

rygdogg

rygdogg

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Please help? I'm new here.

I get the "system shutdown" every time I get into safe mode. I try to type "shutdown -a" but as soon as I try to type, the mouse and keyboard freeze.
So I can only use the mouse once in safe mode.

(if I try to start normally I get the blue screen)

When I first get into safe mode I get a message that says "system restore is incomplete, click "no" to go to system restore, or click yes to proceed to safe mode.
then I click "yes" and then the system shutdown appears with only 59 seconds on the clock.
I noticed that if I change the time on the computers clock back a few hours I can make the system shutdown think it has hours left.

So for now I am able to get into safe mode but not able to use the keyboard or able to plug a usb flash drive in. ( it has malwear bytes and some other scanners on it I was hopeing to try)

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the "system shutdown" if I can not connect to the internet or a usb flash drive or a cd/dvd.

The computer has 'hackthis" ,"spybot","avg8.0free" and some others. I deleted some of them but left a couple on there to try since I am not able to put the new ones on it.
The computer is a Gateway with windows XP (service pack 2 I think)

also, if I try to restore by pressing F11, it directally says to insert dvd 1. ( I have 3 cds) so I put the first cd in and it moves some files then asks for dvd #2, so I put disc # 2 in and then it transfers files, then it says to put disc #1 back in. then it says put disc # 2 back in.... it keeps doing that and just moves the same files each time. It never asks me for disc #3 and never stops. I had to shut it down. There are also NO restore points. : ( So I am not able to restore to a earlier date.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

rygdogg

rygdogg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I think I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. Could someone please delete this?

I re-posted in "virus,malwear" sub-forum....

rygdogg

rygdogg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I re-posted in "virus,malwear" sub-forum....
[/quote]

oops, I mean, I reposted in "virus, spywear, trojan removal".