Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desk top display of Icons

• Please log in to reply

Scherp

Scherp

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was saving a jpeg from a document to the desk top by copy/paste. When I pasted the jpeg to the desktop it changed all the icons on the desktop. The Icons now have a blue shadow around them and the describtion box under the each Icon is now filled in with blue. I have tried all the display setting, set up the display the same as a different computer. Any help to change these Icon back to just the Icon and the describtion box not filled in.

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
get tune up utlities 2004 part of that program is a thing that helps you manage all icons and display settings.

hope it works.

evoramen

evoramen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi!
Try this:
- Control Pannel » System » Advanced
- click in Defenitions under Performance
- now you have plenty of options that let you costumize the visual efects on your PC, including shadows and icon backgrounds
(my Windows is in portuguese so i cant be sure if this are the actual buttons in EN version)

If this don´t work out try this excellent program: WindowFX (http://www.stardock.com/products.asp)

Scherp

Scherp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for responding. I have tried the properities setting and will now try the the software.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
You might want to try this:

http://users.rcn.com...on_restore.html

Looking at it a second time....it probably won't help in this situation....

Edited by macten, 01 June 2005 - 10:38 AM.