Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Boxee

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hey guys. This FREE software looks amazing. You can use it as a media center and connect a T.V to a computer or just have all kinds of Internet TV and Videos on your computer in a nice sleek GUI. Available for Windows, Linux, and MAC. Netflix app for Windows, but not for Linux YET. Registration and installation is simple.

I'll try to update this thread as I use the software more and more to let you know what I think. Anyone tried this out yet? In Windows thus far, it seems a Right Click takes you back to the previous screen and also closes apps. Kinda weird at first. Scanned my entire media library very easily.

Here is a brief quote from Boxee.tv

Boxee is the best way to enjoy entertainment from the Internet and computer on your TV. Now available as a free download for Windows, Mac OS X, AppleTV and Ubuntu Linux.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Aweful looking meat product? is it Treet? No it's SPAM. :)

Edited by dsenette, 30 March 2010 - 09:02 AM.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

I'll try to update this thread as I use the software more and more to let you know what I think

For THAT EXACT REASON that you state is why I put the above quote in my initial post. :) I was buzzing along typing and I realized that this sure looks a lot like SPAM so I turned it into a REVIEW. :)

Ahhhh... edit if you have to... :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Make sure when you click on the big SPAM in post #2, you have your volume turned UP UP UP!