Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Losing internet connection everyday at the same time

• Please log in to reply

kaiyo

kaiyo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So this has been hapenning for about a week now
my internet has been disconnecting at 1:05AM every night
i woke up this week at 5:30AM and the internet came back only at 6AM
we have other computers at the house butmy laptop is the only one that disconnects at the same time everyday
it shows that im connected to the internet but im not
im not sure if its a virus cause i have ESET NOD32 Antivirus and i scanned my computer and i'm not sure why but it says "eror opening" on every single file ... so maybe the antivirus is not good ?
do i have a virus ? this has been happening for a week now and i checked my computer theres no task or anything telling it to disconnct ..
and its becoming really annoying cause i download stuff at night when no one uses the internet but now i cant cause it wont work : \
does someone else have this problem ?

Advertisements

Sourcer

Sourcer

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Are all the computers using windows 7 or is it just your laptop?
That might just be a fault with your ISP, or try reseting your router to its default and see if that helps

kaiyo

kaiyo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hmm theres two laptops with windows 7 and one with vista
but i solved it .. it was the media center thingy thats installed on windows 7 that was doing some sort or updates for some reason everyday at that time ..
so i just waited for that time and disabled the update right away .. so the problem was solved :)