Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Incredimail e-mail: cannot send

• Please log in to reply

WandasMK

WandasMK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've had Incredimail for about 5 years with no problems. In fact, when I had to get a new computer in December 2009, and installed the newest version 'Incredimail 2' it worked perfectly - until last night. Now it won't send e-mails out. I can receive e-mail, but not send it.

And now today, when I click "get mail" I get this error message:
Failed to connect to the incoming server: 'mail.wyoming.com'. Please try again later.

So now I can't even get hooked up!

The details box had this information:
"Cannot establish SSL, SSL_connect error 336031996"

I don't understand any of this. What does it mean and how can I get it working again?
I called my internet provider and we tweaked a few things but it still won't let me send any e-mails. He couldn't help me. HELP!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
It could be the email-checking component of your antivirus software that's causing the problem.
See if you can disable that component of your antivirus and then try your email.
Maybe your antivirus has recently downloaded a program update which has introduced this problem.

WandasMK

WandasMK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks so much for your prompt response!
Your last sentence got me thinking because Incredimail asked if I wanted to download the latest version. It was after I did that, that I couldn't send e-mail. Not that the latest version was the problem, but that my antivirus interuppted something. So I restored my system to several days before I did the download and everything is fine now - It's running like it used to. I'll keep your response on file so when I have more time I can explore that avenue. Thank you again!