Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NAIL.EXE

• Please log in to reply

toe_ma

toe_ma

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have this nail.exe thing in my windows file.

my disc drives have been acting wierd, so when i did a scan of my computer...it found the nail.exe and aurora as problems.

now and then, my disc drives will work...but i cannot play any games, burning a cd is too much of a task now, if i try to access one of the drives with a cd or dvd in it, it often freezes up on me. i've also had trouble running alot of my burning programs...so pretty much any process that involves, or is closely related to, the use of one of my 3 drives, is giving me a problem...

I have an Emachines computer using windows xp.

i have a dvd-rom drive and cd-rw drive that came with the computer
and an external dvd+rw drive (HP...uses usb)

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

This is spyware/viral infection. Please read the first link (see below) in my signature and follow the steps there. When you are ready to post the HijackThis log, go here to post it. Do not post the log here.