Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Submit picture to phpmyadmin database

• Please log in to reply

outatime

outatime

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I need to insert an image into a phpmyadmin database. I'm not sure if I can upload the file itself to the database or do I need to upload the file to the server then at the same time upload the link to the database. I'm really not sure which way to go on this. Any guidance would be great. Thanks!

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
phpmyadmin databases are text files. Did you want the image to show up in a specific place? Do you have the ftp info for the site?
Johanna

outatime

outatime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Here's how it works. I have a page that my client goes to to upload a picture and a text description. I have the text part working fine and I know where on the page to put the picture. So from your response I'm guessing the picture needs to go the server then somehow have the link go to the database. That I really don't know where to begin.