Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows not posting/freezing up, missing "NDIS.SYS"

• Please log in to reply

quarantine

quarantine

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello all, i'm have a little bit of a problem getting windows 7 x64 to start.

Before even getting to the login menu, my system is freezing at the motherboard splash screen, if it happens to get past the motherboard screen it give me this error message....

Posted Image

Inserting my windows disk like the error message says, has no effect on the problem, my computer is either freezing at "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.." or I am getting the SAME error message when trying to boot from my windows disk.

So to wrap that up for you, I'm getting the same problems and error message booting from my windows disk to repair, or just trying to start my system normally.

Edited by quarantine, 30 March 2010 - 09:26 PM.

Advertisements

quarantine

quarantine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Update

I tried to fix this problem by formatting my hard drive and reinstalling windows. Now when ever I insert my windows 7 disc and get to the windows "start up" splash screen it freezes. I'm completely stuck here

Edited by quarantine, 01 April 2010 - 01:16 AM.