Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have Internet Connection but Have Problems

• Please log in to reply

JLib19

JLib19

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have Windows 7 Home Premium. My computer is connected to the internet. I don't have any problems there. For some reason, any program that needs to connect to the internet can't (windows media player, AVG Virus Update, any games, etc.) I went to change the setting on my Firewall, but it's not there! I followed a demo video showing me how to allow programs through the Firewall, but the large box that was displayed with all the programs in it wasn't there for me to see or interact with when I went to allow programs through. Finally, when I click on the box that says "Turn on Windows Firewall" it says it can't, and when I click on the box that says "Use Recommended Settings" a message box pops up and says "Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x80070422". Any ideas?

Advertisements