Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Razer Lachesis Mouse Wheel

• Please log in to reply

SMEnox

SMEnox

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Well I have a brand new Razer Lachesis and I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't had TOO much trouble with it. I'm not really sure if my problem is with the mouse or with the game I play. When I first used my Lachesis in-game, I had to press my middle button in a few times and scroll up and down quickly to get the scroll button to work. After that it worked perfectly... but just recently it stopped working. The way it scrolls is different.

It no longer works in game no matter how many times I press or move it.

The way I want it to scroll is like so when I need to scroll down on a web page, I can just move it down a notch and it scrolls down. The way it works is that I must click the middle button and then move the mouse down. How can I change it? I'm hoping if I can fix it with webpages, I can fix it in game.

In the configurator it says it's set to universal scrolling. I tried turning it off and on, updating drivers and firmware, uninstalling all around and completely and reinstalling, unplugging and plugging back in, messing with the control panel, restarting my computer, tweaking with most options in the config... I just don't know what else to do.

Somebody help me here! D:

If it matters, I'm on a Desktop using XP.

Edited by SMEnox, 31 March 2010 - 05:02 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Strange as it may seem, the scroll-wheel will (or should) work without installing the mouse software, that applies to any mouse which has a scroll-wheel. The supplied software is only required to enable the functions which are unique to that particular mouse.

Therefore, try uninstalling the software you got with the mouse, reboot the PC and then see how the mouse behaves.