Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having trouble with MSN

• Please log in to reply

DanteNeedsHelp

DanteNeedsHelp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I need some major help. You see a long time ago i tried signing into MSN messenger but it wasnt working, so i wanted to uninstall it but it was no where on my computer AT ALL i even put this in my Run program "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove"
Which completely uninstalls it apparently . It said error cannot find path .. blah blah. So, when i tried to download MSN it said i already had it.
So now im stuck with this MSN that i dont really have. :)

Edited by DanteNeedsHelp, 01 April 2010 - 02:28 PM.

Advertisements

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Hi, there.

Go to start>control panel>programs.

You should see msn there.

Ahmed jama

Ahmed jama

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hello, I need some major help. You see a long time ago i tried signing into MSN messenger but it wasnt working, so i wanted to uninstall it but it was no where on my computer AT ALL i even put this in my Run program "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove"
Which completely uninstalls it apparently . It said error cannot find path .. blah blah. So, when i tried to download MSN it said i already had it.
So now im stuck with this MSN that i dont really have. :)

PLEASE INSTALL WSP2 (WINDOWS SERVICE PACK 2IN VISTA )IT FIXES ABOUT 700 BUGS INCLUCING THE MSN BUG
ONLY WORKS ON WINDOWS VISTA

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
removed rude comment

Edited by Rorschach112, 06 April 2010 - 11:10 AM.

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Pawanhammers-

From the Terms of Use:

You may post content on this site, so long as the content is not:...Obscene

Geeks to Go is a family friendly site, accessible to anyone over 13 years of age. Please keep all content appropriate.

Please do not use foul language, as Geeks to Go is a family friendly site. This is a supportive community and we do not condone rude, foul or inappropriate language. Please refrain from using that kind of language or treating another user rudely again.

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Sorry, I was in a mood. I won't do it again.

Can you check out my topic please? its about cleaning my keyboard, I understand that you might not know about this stuff. Here it is- http://www.geekstogo...rd-t273332.html

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Pawanhammers-

Understandable. Just try not to make a habit out of it, and keep in mind that everyone here has a right to share their opinion. Try not to get offended if someone else offers an idea. And I'll pop over there right now.

DanteNeedsHelp-

I can't verify Ahmed jama's advice, but if you do not have SP2 for Vista installed, I would recommend that you install it ASAP. Service packs fix a lot of bugs and glitches within the OS, and it's never a bad idea to have it installed. Make sure you are also updating Windows regularly through the Windows Update feature.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you. :)