Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help diagnosing HP 5550 ink jet

• Please log in to reply

6stringer

6stringer

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
My 7 year old HP 5550 printer suddenly has no power to it. I checked the cables, unplugged the power cord for 30 seconds then plugged it back in,all to no avail.I tried plugging the cord into a different wall socket and that did not help.

There have been no changes made to any of the settings on my pc,and the printer assistant does not help-neither does Windows Troubleshooter.

I don't have another device to plug the cord into to see if it's bad,nor do I have another cord from a different device to try in my printer.Do the AC adapters go bad on these cords?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!, 6stringer.

I don't know which country you are in but have you tried changing the fuse in the plug that goes into the wall-socket?

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I'm in the USA and I wasn't aware there was a fuse in the plug that goes into the wall socket!