Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD Introduces in CPU Line in UK

• Please log in to reply

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Quite intersting stratagy

AMD has announced a radical shake-up of its CPU strategy. Currently the manufacturer offers a broad range of chips ranging from dual-core parts at the bottom end right up to the new 12-core Magny Cours architecture for workstations and servers.But speaking exclusively to PC Pro, the company has revealed that the next generation (codenamed Tyche)....

Source

Edited by amw_drizz, 01 April 2010 - 09:33 AM.

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Let me play the fool first...

... while unfortunates discovering their new CPU had no working cores at all would be encouraged to “roll again.”

Are you kidding me? That's preposterous. It's a cheap marketing gimmick. If I'm really serious about building or upgrading my machine, I want to know exactly what's going on. I certainly don't want to leave my system's operability to chance. And there's no way I'm going to shell out hundreds of dollars only to find out that I bought nothing more than a really expensive silicon paperweight.

###

Now in all seriousness, that's actually really funny. One of the comments said, 'Mine had ten-and-a-half cores, and it even makes coffee". :)

Thanks for the article! :) Happy April Fools, everyone!

Edited by FearNothingProductions, 01 April 2010 - 11:15 AM.