Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello I am trying to fix my computer for school!!! I have been getting several errors including the Blue screen of death,(IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL OXOOOOOOOa), web browser errors, etc.
Have done extensive research before coming to you guys for help as I know you are very busy.
I have run ERUNT, AVAST, AND ANTI MALWARE as one of your other forums suggest.
Found 4 infected file w/Avast and I deleted them, still has not fixed the problem.
I scanned it with Driver Cure and it said there are 18 issues, but I cannot pay for the softwae to fix them.
I am wonderig if there migt also be a spyware problem because when I go to Ebay or bank websites it asks for additional info including social security numbers.

I thought I had saved the logs/scan results but I cannot find them!
I have read on here that the BSOD is a driver problem but the error message does not specify what driver or hardware is defective.

Thank you SO much for your time!

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hello first off having 3 different scanners is part of the problem rather than the solution
as far as the bsod issue there is a program I have that runs in the background and when the machine does this it gives you a report of exactly what is casing it, and its not always a driver . email me at
I will send ya the software since I did not bookmark where it came from and Ive had it for a while
I sue AVG for virus scan and malwarebytes for spyware removal and have had no issues on this machine for over 4 years and am on the net almost 24/7 and I beta test software so I know what to use

Edited by Rorschach112, 05 April 2010 - 04:37 AM.
removed email

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts
Tpneer2 I am curious as how you know the OP is running 3 scanners? If you are referring to the Avast, Erunt, and Antimalware, then you are wrong. If you are referring to running more than 1 virus scanner in the background, then I will agree with you on that.
Erunt is a registry backup.
Avast is a virus scanner.
Antimalware is for malware. They are not related and have no bearing on this matter.

MARYANNVN needs to go to the malware forum as suggested because she has a virus. Virus's can run very deep. When the OP is cleared there, she can return and we will work on the rest of the issues (if they still exist).