Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Understanding hardware

• Please log in to reply

Loleka

Loleka

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Where do I begin, :)(Aloha from Hawaii) I really want to understand more about my problems.

Two weeks ago my computer started beeping, black scn of death, my very expensive guy told me move the RAM around, WOOOW it worked, last night after gaming for 7 hours again, beeping(Don't know how many)black scn, guess what moved my RAM cards around and it works, it's a miracle!!!

What I want to do is understand WHY, am I over heating G card, why does just changing the RAM slots fix it?

Should I upgrade G card, I act do have Radeon 1300 with it's own little fan on it, I bought two years ago, nvr installed, not sure where it goes is why, Ram cards I've done.

Dell Dimension E520, right now hopping on the one GB (factory), could not get the two cards to work together again, though no problem for 2 yrs, bought 2nd 1 GB two yrs ago.

I just don't know what's going on, cannot have unseated RAM hard drive nvr moved, so did it overheat, and 1/2 hr later when cooled down,

chging RAM around just seemed to work?

Edited by Loleka, 02 April 2010 - 11:55 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

why does just changing the RAM slots fix it?

it obviously doesn't fix it....have you done any overclocking? if not you may want to see about replacing your ram. go here and follow their steps for running the ram diagnostics. if you've got more than one stick of ram in the computer you may want to do this with only one stick installed at a time to pinpoint which stick is bad (if any)

as far as overheating...you may want to describe that a bit better. not sure how you know something is overheating, how you know what is overheating etc..