Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I am unable to run any malware tools

• Please log in to reply

ekgraider

ekgraider

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have a virus redirecting me to buy antivirus software. I can not go to any website I have several of the programs from your removal guide from a past issue and when I try to run them I get a message they are infected and cannont run. I can't access anything not even my control panel to remove programs. the product it wants me to purchse is called antivirus suite at avfortress website. any help is appreciated. thanks

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

ekgraider

ekgraider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I thoughts that what I did, but I think I put it on the wrong forum. I am sorry please close this thread. Thank you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We don't close topics in this forum. If your problem persists after malware techs have made sure oyu are cleaned then return here and we can help further.