Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Won't Turn on

• Please log in to reply

rebalillrose

rebalillrose

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer will not turn on, even after switching to a new power supply...Please help!!!!

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Do you hear the power fan spinning at least? If you don't, make sure the power cable and socket is working properly. If you do hear it, then it might be the motherboard.

Anything showing in your computer monitor?

rebalillrose

rebalillrose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it is doing absolutely nothing

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Even the power supply unit? Do you hear anything? I think the power supply at least should be working since it's new. Check the power socket and make sure it works. Plug in a device and see if it turns on (try anything, night light, toaster etc... and see if it works).

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If the fan inside the psu doesn't even come on & if the wall socket & the power lead all check out ok, then check the front panel soft power switch - the on/off switch on the front your computer should be connected to the motherboard. Pop the side off the computer case & trace the 2 wires that lead from the power switch in front of case to the motherboard.
Let me know if it's connected or not & if so, which 2 pins it's connected to (they should be marked with small writing on the mobo).

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
list the hardware specs too-the first time i built a computer, i forgot the atx power (4 pin[::]) to the mb right below the processer (only necesary with pentium 4 and 64bit AMDs.

Nixx