Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What if XP doesn't boot even during installation?

• Please log in to reply

seppi

seppi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello and thanks to everyone that kept trying to give a hand :tazz:
I know how things SHOULD work... I mean, removing the partitions, creating them with the XP cd, installing windows and then linux and how to set up lilo and so on.
The point is I already tried everything that we talked about in this forum... as I told before I even tried a low level format and then creating the partitions with the xp cd... nothing worked... 98, Me, every linux flavor... everything boots but xp.
I know that always using the floppy to boot XP is not that practical but on the other hand the only reason why I use windows is to play call of duty deathmatches with my friends once every 2 weeks. That is why booting it from floppy would not bother too much.
I may keep using windows 98SE but everytime I install it there are too many things to upgrade and that is bothering... besides I have at least the feeling (I don't know if it's true as in my life I used XP only for 2 weeks) that 98 it's much slower than XP.

So back to the original question... assuming that there is no way to boot XP from hard disk... how do I install it?
Thanks guys and wish a great weekend to everyone!

Beppe ^_^

Advertisements