Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB NOT RECOGNIZED

• Please log in to reply

SousChef

SousChef

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So i have a 1TB SimpleDrive from Fabrik that i use to back up my files. I had it unplugged while the computer was running. I needed to give some files to another computer. When i reconnected it back to the PC, it gave me an error stating "One of the USB devices attched to this computer has malfuntioned, and windows does not recognize it".

I have tried to connect it to 3 different computers, 1 Windows 7 Ultimate, 1 Windows 7 Home Premium and 1 Windows Vista Ultimate. They all give me the same error.

I have also tried to connect it on different usb ports. No results.

I have uninstalled all the usb device drivers so windows could reinstall them. No results

I tried to cut off all power to the computer and restart it. No results

If my hard drive has corrupted, Im screwed. I really need this fixed. I have very important documents and other data on this drive.

Please if anyone knows how to fix this. Let me know.

Thank you

Advertisements

SousChef

SousChef

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok nvm i fixed it on my own. I removed the hard drive from the enclosure and checked to see if the HD works. It does. so i figured that the enclosure is the one that was busted. Going to buy me a new one now.