Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

getting extremely low fps..

• Please log in to reply

backdoor187

backdoor187

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey I recently started getting extremely low fps for all my games that I used to play for HOURS on end without a single problem.. I opened up my laptop before to check if there was a lot of dust but there wasn't.. I updated my drivers and still nothing. I attempted to update my BIOS but I almost pulled out all my hair trying to find an update, I don't know why ASUS makes it so hard.. any suggestions? here are my specs:

Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.00 GHz
4.00 GB DDR2 RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M
and don't know if this will help, I don't know exactly how to update BIOS but here's my current one:
BIOS Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS Version: 203
BIOS ID: 64-0100-000001-00101111-052709-Cantiga
Motherboard Name: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Motherboard Model: G60VX
used BiosAgentPlus to get this info

Advertisements