Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AntiVirus Suite infection - can not run any programs

• Please log in to reply

Quint2724

Quint2724

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
My PC is infected with an AntiVirus Suite malware. I did run Superantispyware a couple of times and it did find a rouge antivirus in the memory file, and attempted to remove it, I then re-booted the computer.

This virus would not allow me to download the latest registry of the program. I attempted to download the entire Superantispyware download file again, and it does not allow me to fully install the program either - this programs is no longer accessable.

Same with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program - I was able to download and install the program, but the AntiVirus Suite maleware virus program does not let me run Malwarebutyes Anti-Malware program.

I have been able to run ATF_Cleaner once, but it does not run anymore as well. Anytime I attempt to run a program, and security pop-up appears, and if I click on it, it takes me to a Antivirus Suite pop-up window and/or opens IE to purchase the software. My default browser if FirFox.

OK - I was able to remove this virus following the steps in this post:

http://www.geekstogo...te-t273041.html

Edited by ldtate, 04 April 2010 - 04:52 PM.

Advertisements