Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

error message 633

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I was suggesting a scan of the system for malware.
However as you can see it is not permitted here on XP etc.
Pls go to the Malware Forum/ Have a look at the Self Help and then if necessary post in the Forum.
Unfortunately a lot of the tools you will need will be like watching grass grow on Dial Up.
Good luck.

Advertisements

DAGLAW

DAGLAW

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Macboatmaster, thanks again for helping me and all of your efforts.

Wouldn't you know that after getting rid of that pesky 663 error message, now I am not able to get to my homepage on dialing up. If it is not one thing, then it is another.

Anyway, I am going to find a thread to read up on who else is having this problem.

Take care, my friend :)

Daglaw

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Home Page or ANY page.
If Home Page, click on Internet Options on Tools, or on Internet Explorer on Start menu - Right Click then Properties. Then on General tab - type in home page you wish. You do not have to type full http address ie: Google.co.uk will produce the full web address. Click Apply and OK

DAGLAW

DAGLAW

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello Macboatmaster.

Sorry I am just getting back to you.

It is any page I type in. It doesn't matter. I am not able to access the Internet, after dialing in.

This is the craziest thing. First, it was the 633 message. Now this. I have been reading of the difficulties others are having concerning this topic. And I look at how many times this type of subject has been viewed. What ever is causing it, it is definitely out there.

I did run all the tests Geeks To Go recommend. Nothing on Mbam. As far as OTL and gmer, I am still waiting for one of the techs to get back with me on that.