Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

asking for password @ startup?

• Please log in to reply

ridofme

ridofme

• Pip
  • 1 posts
One day I turned on my computer and when it's about to load up it asked me for a password. I am using windows xp. I never set it to ask me for a password at start up but one day it randomly did it by itself? It's always showed the screen but all I had to do was hit enter because there was no password. Then I hit enter and it made this loud beep noise and told me that the password was incorrect. Well, then I tried putting my e-mail password in as it and then BOOM it worked and let's me in now. Could it be possible someone hacked my computer and did this? It's strange it knew my e-mail password.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello ridofme,

Can you take a picture of the screen that asks you for your password?
We at Geeks to Go! can not help you bypass passwords, but if you know the password and just want to disable what is asking you the password we might be able to help.

Regards,
Olrik