Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply

tmorey

tmorey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First of all thank you for the help GeeksToGo.
My issue is that I type my search into Google, the results come up as usual with the correct addresses displayed, but redirect to other search engines or unrelated websites. My HijackThis log is below, please help.

Edited by Rorschach112, 05 April 2010 - 04:32 AM.
removed log

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
tmorey-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

If you think your system has been infected with malware, I suggest posting a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forums. First, be sure to check out the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. This will help you disinfect the majority of malicious software from your system.

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
removed malware advice

Edited by Rorschach112, 06 April 2010 - 11:08 AM.

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Pawanhammers-

You are not authorized to aid other forum members in malware removal. Only trained and approved staff members are allowed to give virus and malware removal advice on the forums. In addition, malware removal advice in only to be given in the Spyware and Trojan Removal Forum. Please refrain from attempting to aid any other forum members in virus or malware removal.

Please carefully re-read the Terms of Use that you agreed to when you joined. If you are interested in working as a trained Malware Removal staff member, you can apply to Geeks to Go's Geek University.

tmorey-

Please do not post any logs in these forums. Please instead follow my original response and post a new thread in the Spyware and Trojan Removal Forum.

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
:), Sorry about that. I think i'll join GeekU!