Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry Booster

• Please log in to reply

Shohane

Shohane

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I went to http://noscript.net/ website, there's a link to the Registry Booster (the link that says
"Tip: Click here to scan for System Errors and Optimize PC Performance"), and it led me to this website: http://www.liutiliti...er/flashgot/rb/

I would like to know whether this program is reliable, how helpful it is, and when I should use it.

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Shohane-

Typically we don't recommend or encourage the use of registry cleaners. There's no real proof that they actually improve system performance in any significant way. Beyond that, programs like this are dangerous. Altering registry settings can render a computer unusable, especially if that kind of work is done by an inexperienced user.

When in doubt, avoid links that advertise "Free Performance Boosts", "PC Optimization Programs" or anything about altering your registry. You will be fine without it. :)

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Shohane-

Typically we don't recommend or encourage the use of registry cleaners. There's no real proof that they actually improve system performance in any significant way. Beyond that, programs like this are dangerous. Altering registry settings can render a computer unusable, especially if that kind of work is done by an inexperienced user.

When in doubt, avoid links that advertise "Free Performance Boosts", "PC Optimization Programs" or anything about altering your registry. You will be fine without it. :)

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. :)

Nicely said :) :)
They generally do more harm than good.

Shohane

Shohane

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the replies :)