Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I just recovered my picture but they all look weird? HELP!?

• Please log in to reply

kimmy2kim

kimmy2kim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
so sorry if i put my problem in the wrong section or area. im not too sure where it goes.i really need those pictures that i deleted and i got them back by using PC inspector smart recovery.
But when you open the folder where they are now saved on my computer the thumbnails look fine, but when i double click them to get a better look on it they either don't show up( its a picture with nothing but gray in it) or it give me a totally different picture that looks weird like messed up( distorted) :)

please i need help!! is there any way for me to revert them or something or make the picture come out good. And i was wondering if the program PC inspector smart recovery really worked for you.
:)

thank you!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

The original picture files may have been partially overwritten by other files before you recovered them.
Whilst recovery software can find deleted files, it cannot guarantee that those files will be 100% intact, especially if before recovery the computer was used for saving, moving or copying files, or installing software, or indeed any process which involves writing to that disk.

In other words, for the best chance of total recovery you should stop using your PC straight away and run the recovery software immediately.

That is why it's essential to put your documents or pictures on two or more separate disks or other media (CD/DVD).

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 07 April 2010 - 02:45 PM.