Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP inital Setup

• Please log in to reply

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
A while ago I found a post/page on the internet that showed a command that you can use to reset the Welcome to Windows XP Quick Start Configuration page. (Right before you log in for the first time on a freshly installed windows xp copy). For the life of me I can't find it now. I should of bookmarked it but didn't :)

The reason why I am asking is I am preparing a older machine for resale and would like to have the client enter all there data as they see fit to them (ie user account name etc.) But they don't want to be bothered to do basic post install configurations. So I've created a temp user for the task and have completed everything. So now I am looking at reseting the first time configuration wizard so the client can do it themselves.

TIA Jon

Advertisements