Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Video Card

• Please log in to reply

Bushisland

Bushisland

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi all,
After waiting for Fermi to come out, I don't believe I like the high heat issue. I was looking at the GTX470. Now I'm looking at the XFX Radeon HD5870 card ($439.00) and then I saw this Vapor-X card (Pic Included) at a different place for $20.00 more ($459.00) Would this be a better choice for the price? Also I do not know much about the Sapphire brand. XFX has a good warranty and reasonable support. The more I look the more confused I'm getting. :)
[attachment=40661:Vapor_X.jpg]

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
From what I've read and heard of the two, the 5870 is the way to go. Either of the 5870's are good and are mostly equivalent. Sapphire is a good brand, I recommend them often. Their "Vapor-X" (Vapor Chamber Cooling Technology) helps keep the card cooler and quieter.

This video will tell you everything about it... HERE. If that doesn't impress you, or you don't care for it, then just go with the standard 5870 from XFX.

Hope that helps. :)

Bushisland

Bushisland

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

From what I've read and heard of the two, the 5870 is the way to go. Either of the 5870's are good and are mostly equivalent. Sapphire is a good brand, I recommend them often. Their "Vapor-X" (Vapor Chamber Cooling Technology) helps keep the card cooler and quieter.

This video will tell you everything about it... HERE. If that doesn't impress you, or you don't care for it, then just go with the standard 5870 from XFX.

Hope that helps. :)

Yes it does. Thanks for the help.:) I've been waiting so long because of Fermi to come out. I want a new video card first, than I am going to build a new platform in a while. I want to see what happens with LGA 1156 and LGA 1366 first.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
You are welcome. :)