Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Startup error message

• Please log in to reply

Abrham

Abrham

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Every time I start my HP vista laptop I get three consecutive Desktop error messages namely:
Desktop
could not load or run 'C:\Users\User\Local specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

-could not load...'settings\Application'.....

-could not load...'Data\asdlfj3\Services.exe..
I am tired of hitting OK three times.
I couldn't locate the refernce to it in the registry. I am redirected to this forum form annoyances.org. Anyhelp plsease. 10Q in advance. Abrham

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Abrham

Abrham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
removed logs

Edited by Rorschach112, 15 April 2010 - 04:30 PM.

kristain

kristain

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
To troubleshoot start-up problems using Windows Vista tools, click "Start," right-click "Computer" and select "Properties." Select the "Windows Experience Index" link. Click "Advanced Tools." Browse the event log and the Reliability and Performance Monitor to see what warnings and errors your computer has experienced recently and to monitor your system resources. You can also use the System Configuration utility to enter Safe mode. Click "Start" and type "msconfig" in the search bar. Click the link that appears under "Programs" in the Start menu. Click the "Boot" tab. Check the box beside "Safe Boot." Select "Minimal" to load only essential drivers and programs at start-up. Select "Alternate Shell" to start Windows Vista with a command prompt window. Select "Active Directory Repair" to start Windows with the Active Directory and critical system services. Select "Network" to start in Safe mode with network support. When Safe mode starts, click "Start," "Help and Support" and then "Troubleshooting Tools."

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You need to post your logs in the Virus Removal forum, not here

Abrham

Abrham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry! I am a new to your site. I will do so. 1oq

kuzenza

kuzenza

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Every time I start my HP vista laptop I get three consecutive Desktop error messages namely:
Desktop
could not load or run 'C:\Users\User\Local specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

-could not load...'settings\Application'.....

-could not load...'Data\asdlfj3\Services.exe..
I am tired of hitting OK three times.
I couldn't locate the refernce to it in the registry. I am redirected to this forum form annoyances.org. Anyhelp plsease. 10Q in advance. Abrham

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

pcs365_2

pcs365_2

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
removed advice

Edited by Rorschach112, 26 April 2010 - 03:37 PM.