Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP & RAID-0

• Please log in to reply

iainmackay85

iainmackay85

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Please help!

i have just got 2 250Gb Hard drives to set up a raid array to install windows xp on, i set them up with the raid utility at boot for striped array and everything looks right, i start windows installation and press F6 to install 3rd party drivers for it off the floppy that came with the motherboard. then when it gets to the bit to pick the partition to install xp on the hard drives appear seperate!!!! please help

Iain

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
The motherboard manual should tell you how to set that up. If you don't have the manual, go the the mobo manufacturers web page and download it. Loading the driver from a floppy with F6 during setup is correct.

iainmackay85

iainmackay85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've done everything the manual any web pages suggest and it still doesnt reconise them as an array but just two seperate drives.