Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BT Voyager 2100 router

• Please log in to reply

Ironside

Ironside

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have got a BT Voyager 2100 wireless router. I have got a wireless card on my laptop. Does anyone know the correct settings I should have the router at.

At the moment these are the settings:

Transmission rate automatic

Transmission mode automatic

The frame bursting mode is enabled.

If I hover over the two red computer icons in the toolbar, it says the connection speed is 54MB per second when in fact my connection speed should be 2 megabytes second. When I download, it does actually say I am downloading at two megabytes. If somebody could put me straight I would appreciate it

Advertisements

miles_obrien

miles_obrien

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
There doesn't appear to be a problem. Your Router/Gateway is an 802.11g wireless 4 port gateway.
802.11g is 54 MB capable and you connection can be 54 MB, this just means that the data sent between your computer and the router can go at 54 MB. Your DSL connection is whatever you and your ISP negotiate. You are probably correct with the 2 MB figure.
If you connected a wired computer to the router it would say connected at 100MB if you had a 100 MB card installed in the computer. So the 54 MB is LAN speed and the 2 MB is WAN speed.
Mike