Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Advice on Windows Server 2008 purchase

• Please log in to reply

ElaineMeeker

ElaineMeeker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, my boss asked me this morning to reach out to people in the know and find out more about Windows Server 2008. The bussiness is a start up and we have been using individual workstations which is not serving our needs.

The company needs a reliable solution that is secure and scalable. It needs to grow as the demand on our bussiness grows and we have some bussiness critical programs running that need to function reliably. Our potential for growth is enormous so management is willing to make the financial investment as long as the return is reliability and as long as the entire system will not have to be replaced in six months due to increased demand or changes in technology.

Do you think that the Xenon 7500 series processors with Windows Sever 2008 and SQL Server 2008 is a reliable solution? Does it have the ability to grow with our bussiness?

Advertisements

grylee

grylee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently found some information that might be of help with your boss there is a video on YouTube about Intel Xeon processors and Windows Server 2008r2

Also a recently published article at Redmond Mag could be useful as well

http://redmondmag.co...-contender.aspx

Both speak to reliability and scalability. I hope you find the information useful :)