Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card problem

• Please log in to reply

ely256

ely256

• Pip
  • 2 posts
howdy! im a PC game enthusiast... but recently my videocard malfunctioned.... how? my computer hanged/freezed... then when i restarted it... i was not able to get a video signal from my videocard.... I am using now is my onboard graphics card.... i already thought that my videocad is busted, yet when i reattached it to the socket, the small fan/ventilator is still running... yet, my computer can't detect it. there are certain question i want you guys to help me with... please...

1. how would i know if my video card is already busted. my graphics card is INNO 3D 8500 SERIES... i am using it quite well for about a year... until it malfunctioned the other day.... the small fan/ventilator attached to it is still working... yet if i attached the monitor cable... there is no signal....

2. I've been thinking about disabling my onboard graphics card and reinstalling my videocard... yet what if my videocard is really busted.... how do i reinstall my onboard graphics card...?

help me guys... will u... I will really appreciate it... thanks....

my email ad is: Edit: Unless you REALLY like getting spam, you should NEVER post your email address in an open forum

Edited by dsenette, 08 April 2010 - 06:53 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

how would i know if my video card is already busted

quick way is to put it into another working computer and see if it works there. if it doesn't it's probably broken

I've been thinking about disabling my onboard graphics card and reinstalling my videocard... yet what if my videocard is really busted.... how do i reinstall my onboard graphics card...?

you would disable this in the bios. you would want to uninstall all of the drivers/software for the expansion card, then reinstall all of that software then disable the onboard graphics in bios. if the expansion card is busted simply remove the card, then remove the CMOS battery (looks like a watch battery) from the motherboard with the power cord unplugged, then put the battery back in and boot. this will re-enable your onboard card