Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

power problem with no display as well

• Please log in to reply

noobtech

noobtech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Ok i connect everything but the power cable on my friends computer. Its fine i double checked it and everything. So the connections are right. I plug the power cable into the power supply and it instantly turns on. The power switch wont turn it off either. I thought this was the power switch jumper on the motherboard was wrong but it seems to be right. I also get no display. Im confused on what to do next... please help me out.

Advertisements

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Dude ihave that problem too

i live in "madtown"

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Starting with the power switch - some systems have a 4 second delay enabled for the soft power switch. This means that simply pressing it doesn't turn it off, you have to press & hold the switch in (for about 4 seconds oddly enough!) before the system shuts down. I can't promise this is the case with your machine but try it & find out.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
also check the power settings on BIOS- some systems have an option for what to do after loss of power. if its set to restart, this might be causing it.
I set all my systems to stay off after loss of power.

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
list your system info-processer, mb, and graphics.

noobtech

noobtech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
i held down power button for over 10 seconds but still nothing. But still display is not working properly. I get no display anymore but yester i did get into windows once but then back to no display. I cant turn it off after i plug it in. All my internal connections are correct.

noobtech

noobtech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
im running an amd 2200+ on an asus board with 256 ram

noobtech

noobtech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
BIOS settings are ok. I have this problem with two boards.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
When you say you have this problem with 2 boards, is that 2 completely seperate computers with identical boards in or do you mean you have tried 2 identical boards in the same system?