Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Searching driver laptop external monitor

• Please log in to reply

Cyberstud

Cyberstud

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi There,
I just bought a nice 23,6 inch LCD-Monitor to work with my laptop.
The monitor should work best with resolution 1920x1080, but the max I can choose in my laptop for the second monitor is 1600x1200, and that is not the right size, everything is too wide and flat.
The laptop is a 3 year old Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo L7320GN
The screen-driver is VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP version 6.14.10.343

Is there a way to make my monitor work properly?

I'm not a gamer, so I don's care very much about the speed, just the occational film should work.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do other than exchanging the monitor for a smaller one with a native resolution that your laptop's graphic adapter can supply. A driver update won't help here. It's your graphics hardware that's the problem, it doesn't have sufficient video memory to output a high enough resolution for that size of monitor.

It's always best to check what your graphics hardware is capable of before buying a monitor, especially with a laptop since you can't simply put in a new, more powerful graphics adapter like you can on a desktop PC.