Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsing unbelievably slow

• Please log in to reply

digitalcrix

digitalcrix

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
So I'm trying to help my girlfriend's mother with her computer and her slow browsing issues.

She's running vista 64-bit and has a great computer. I know it has nothing to do with overall computer speed. (quad core processing, 6 gb ddr3 ram, hd4370512mb graphics)

I've tried firefox 3, ie8, as well as google chrome. all three seem to have the same slow browsing issues.

Right now, I'm checking into a possible network card driver update.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
I can't figure this one out.

also- all other programs run great. everything is really responsive, fast, etc. only browsing seems to be very slow. I checked bandwidth and it fantastic via comcast cable connection.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Are there any other computers on the same connection? Do they have the same problems?
If no other computers, the best thing to do would be to introduce a known-working machine (or a laptop) and see if the slowness continues. If so it'll be a provider issue.

digitalcrix

digitalcrix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
two other computers on the network. no problems at all.

im stumped