Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need recommendation

• Please log in to reply

Axelion

Axelion

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Can anyone recommend me a good all in one cable modem and wireless router??
I think you also call this all in one device a cable gateway.

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
I'd suggest a Motorola SB5101 and a separate wireless router like the Linksys WRT54GL. Gateways have too many problems and have become difficult to obtain.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
any of these on here..

http://www.netgear.c...elessn_home.php

specifically this one

wireless-N series router WNDR3700
More wireless channels, less interference and better connections using Dual Band Wireless-N
Enterprise class security for business class secured WiFi connectivit

spud

EDIT: Sorry, i misinterpreted 'cable' routers, these are 'cable' as in require an Ethernet connection from a modem. As it appears you want it built in to one box this probably won't be to helpful, but as DaffyKantReed said, it would be better to have a separate modem box such as this
http://www.netgear.c...outer_rp614.php

Edited by ==SpuD==, 09 April 2010 - 06:10 AM.