Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open downloaded music

• Please log in to reply

akak2424

akak2424

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to open music that I have downloaded from datpiff.com. Datpiff allows users to download mixtapes for free. (This site is legal. Artists and djs ditribute these mixtapes for free on this site for promotional use. These are not album songs.) In the past I have had no problems downloading and opening these mixtapes. Normally I would save the the mixtapes as a zip folder on my computer. However, I think I messed this process up. After downloading a mixtape, I changed the "open with" option to "open with iTunes." Now all of the mixtapes I have downloaded no longer are folders (each mixtape no longer has the folder icon next to its name). Rather, the mixtapes have the iTunes logo next to its name. In the past, in order to open and listen to a mixtape, all I had to do was double click on the mixtape folder. However, now when I try to double click or open a mixtape, my iTunes program pops up but nothing happens (a song doesn't play and I do not see the tracks of the mixtape). How can I fix this problem?

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :)

Try installing one of the popular Zip file extractors. During installation it will typically ask you about setting "File Associations." That's what the "Open With.." applet does, so if you set the program you just installed to be associated with Zip files, they will automatically open with that program.

I like 7Zip because you can right click on the Zip archives and all of the options you need are right there.

Edited by NeonFx, 08 April 2010 - 10:35 PM.