Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE and firefox not working

• Please log in to reply

Cgreen15

Cgreen15

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am not sure if spyware or malware is causing this problem, but I recently had antivirus suite and other fake antivirus things. I finally got rid of them by updating and running various antispyware programs such as malwarebytes. I downloaded spyware doctor in hopes of furthering my protection. Everything seemed good until a dew days after my Internet explorer won't connect and soon my firefox crashed and now won't even load. I have a good connection to the Internet bit no programs will actually connect. I have also tried to do a system restore through windows and spywareBlaster. Neither of those would restore. Both said unable to restore to previous date or something like that. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this without having to completely uninstall and reinstall windows.

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Cgreen15-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I suggest taking a look at the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. This will help you disinfect the majority of malicious software from your system. If that doesn't solve your problem, post a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forum.